The Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City is a wonderful way for your family to engage in a timeless cultural experience in Southern Utah. First presented in 1962, the festival has been bringing quality plays to the state for over 60 years. Founded by Fred C. Adams, the festival started as a way to provide more recreation for visitors to Utah while drawing them and their dollars to Cedar City. Over half a century later, the Shakespeare Festival has grown into a 16-week event that brings more than 110,000 patrons to the University of Southern Utah.
When your family comes to Southern Utah for the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, make sure you download a copy of our complimentary Southern Utah Vacation Guide. It contains great suggestions for events, outdoor activities, restaurants, attractions, and more to do while you’re here. When you download the Vacation Guide, you have access to all kinds of great ways to make memories during your trip. Check it out, and begin planning your ultimate Southern Utah family trip today!
Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City: 2017 Plays
The Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City focuses on Shakespeare’s classics and also incorporates other plays into the lineup. The 2017 season of the festival will run from June 29 to October 21 (specific dates for each play will vary). Lan to see the following productions during this year’s festival:
- Shakespeare in Love – Engelstad Shakespeare Theatre, June 30 – September 8
- Romeo and Juliet – Engelstad Shakespeare Theatre, July 1 – September 9
- As You Like It – Engelstad Shakespeare Theatre, June 29 – September 7
- Guys and Dolls – Randall L. Jones Theatre, July 3 – September 1
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Randall L. Jones Theatre, July 4 – October 21
- Treasure Island – Randall L. Jones Theatre, July 5 – September 2
- The Tavern – Randall L. Jones Theatre, September 19 – October 21
- William Shakespeare’s Long Lost First Play (abridged) – Eileen and Allen Anes Studio Theatre, July 28 – October 21
- How to Fight Loneliness – Eileen and Allen Anes Studio Theatre, August 25 – October 14
- The Greenshow – Ashton Family Greenshow Commons, June 29 – September 9
Other Events at the Shakespeare Festival
Amazing plays aren’t the only thing your family will enjoy at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City. There are also a number of related events that are both fun and educational. Take your family on a Backstage Tour to see how a play comes alive. Play seminars give you a chance to participate in a discussion about each piece. You can also attend a Play Orientation beforehand in order to prepare, in addition to a number of other enjoyable supplemental events.
Reenact Your Favorite Scenes at a Family Time Vacation Rental
After the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, your family will need a place to put on a great production its own. Come back to your Family Time Vacation Rental and get the best seats in the house! Our gorgeous, spacious homes set the stage for a perfect vacation to Southern Utah! Filled with everything you need for a great trip, Family Time Vacation Rentals are some of the best places to stay in Brian Head, Panguitch and Duck Creek. Contact us today! We look forward to helping you make memories during your next family getaway!